| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
November 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
October 21, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Jack Isbill - Archery Chairman
o John Ivens - Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell - Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar - Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane – Lake Chairman
October to December 31 – Membership Renewal time – Please send correct dues per Club Bylaws
If you want new card sent to you in 2020 must submit a stamped self addressed envelope.
• IRS has renewed the Chilhowee Gun Club non-profit status and back dated it to 2011. Good Job by Club President
and the IRS Renewal Sub Committee.
• Board will need to review and submit new Club status with State of TN (Brakebill has lead)
• Board declined request for Gun Show Signage, any forming of a Militia, and any political letters to government officials.
These items are not in accordance with non-profit status and or Club bylaws.
• Members requested Committee Chairman review potential for a rest room facility at rifle range.
• Following new member(s) were approved by membership: Timothy Davis
• Members and Board approved purchase of new t-shirts for adults and kids and upgrading of the PVC Stands.
Both are less than $200.00 each.
• Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
• Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
• Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.