| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
May 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
April 15, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Prayer offered by Alan Caraway
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved -Balance Checking $25,666.19; Saving $12,258.08
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o TBD - Archery Chairman
o John Ivens - Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell - Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Alan Caraway- Rifle Chairman
o TBD – Lake Chairman
NOTE: THE RIGHT 4 LANES ON THE FRONT PISTOL RANGE ARE CLOSED AND THE RE-OPEN DATE IS UNDETERMINED.
- Next Membership meeting in May will be on Monday, May 20 at 1900. This is due to a conflict with Muzzle shoot and NSSA shoot scheduled for May 18. The first Saturday membership meeting will begin in June. See the May calendar..
- Barry discussed Chilhowee Club loss of its Non-Profit status with IRS. Club filed our non-profit paperwork with IRS and we are awaiting result
- New members were approved by vote: John Upchurch, Anthony Browder, Grey Trew, Max Trew, Wesley Smith, Syvanial Wall, Austin Nyker, and Joe Levy.
- New changes to club bylaws were discussed with membership. Members present voted (First or 3 membership votes) with 34 (Yes) and 0 (No). Members that voted were captured on the attendance sheet
- Board approved a 5-Stand fun shoot for April 20. See Tom Cockrell for details. An email was sent to membership.
- Club approved to renew the mowing contract at $200.00.
- If you’re interested in Trap Shooting please contact Harvey Tallman at 423-253-2125.
- Alan Caraway (Phone 423 - 368-2717) needs volunteers to contact him to plan repairs at the rifle range. Alan will need 6 – 8 individuals so he can coordinate the repairs.
- September 28, 2019 will have a muzzle loader shoot. See John Mankin or Berry Brakebill for details.
- Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
- Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:email@example.com
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.