| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
September 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting August 17, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Alan Caraway
Secretary report - Approved
Treasurer report - Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
o John Ivens- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar- Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
NOTE: THE RIGHT 4 LANES ON THE FRONT PISTOL RANGE ARE CLOSED AND THE RE-OPEN DATE IS UNDETERMINED.
• **********Next Membership meeting on Third Monday, September 16 at 7pm.**********
• IRS sent letter stating they had received our request and would be processed within 90 days or 180 days depending of if they had to assign a Specialist. Specialist is assigned if our request needs additional information. No additional information at this time.
• Membership and Board approved Terry Lynn Teague, Aaron Teague, and Justin Wells as members.
• Board and Membership approved a third 5 Stand Shoot for August 24 from 0800 – 1300. See Tom Cockrell for details.
Mar-Von completed termite inspection and remediation. Mar-Von trenched club house and inserted chemical treatment.
• Membership approved potential reloading class after a future club meeting. Contact John Mankin if interested.
• September 28, 2019 will have a muzzle loader shoot. See John Mankin or Berry Brakebill for details.
• Hunter Safety Course scheduled for August 31. Online course and shooting at range. See Mike Burnette
• Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
• Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
• Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.