| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
December 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting November 18, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report - Approved
Treasurer report - Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
o John Ivens- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar- Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
October to December 31 – Membership Renewal time – Please send correct dues per Club Bylaws
If you want new card sent to you in 2020 must submit a stamped self addressed envelope.
• Board will need to review and submit new Club status with State of TN (Brakebill has lead)
• Club Banquet will be January 20, 2020 at Western Sizzlin. This is Dutch treat. Food starts 1800 and club meeting at 1900.
• Club need to establish a door prize committee for the Banquet. Membership approved $250.00 spending limit.
• Members disapproved (vetoed) the Board decision to set aside $6000.00 per year for 4 years to replace the skeet /
trap houses. Club membership voted to establish a club budget that will include funds now and future for each
Committee Chairman projects. Mr. Tom Hughes will support creation of budget with Chairman’s and Officers.
• Membership heard proposal to move the archery shed. A detailed proposal will be presented to Board in December – Lead is Jack Isbil.
• Members approved new members: Anthony Browder, Fred Mueller, and Al Smart.
• Membership approved spending approx. $350.00 for new back up controller for skeet.
• Saturday, December 14, at 0900 will be last official work day for 2019. Membership meeting is still Monday, December 16 at 1900.
• Club will need 2020 schedules for APD, any Skeet Shooters, Mountain Men, and Boy Scouts
• Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
• Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
• Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.