| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
March 2020 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting February 17, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Prayer was led by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report - Approved
Treasurer report - Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
• Roll of officers was called: Present were-Barry Brakebill, John Mankin, Rod Davis, Hank Shadden, Mike Wagner, Russell Smith, Tom Cockrell, Allen Derrick: Alternates-Charles Spresser, George Inwood and Sargeant at Arms- Mike Burnette. Absent: Tresha Landers and Tom Hughes
o John Ivens- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar- Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
• Club members were reminded that if they have a group using the club, they need to get it on the calendar as soon as possible to preclude scheduling conflicts.
• Committees were reminded that their preliminary budgets are due. Tom Hughes is the lead for this committee.
• New members: Nathan Hamby, Andrew Dubman, Greg Brown and Gary Moore were approved and were given the orientation.
• The archery Committee will start leveling and begin preparatory work on moving the archery shed in the coming week, weather permitting.
• Membership for the “U.S. Law Shield” organization to give s presentation at a future point in time. This should be of vital importance to any member having a concealed carry permit. The time of the offering will be forthcoming in the club newsletter.
Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.