| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
March 19, 2018
Meeting was called to order by Russell Smith
Pledge was led by Russell Smith
Prayer offered by Russell Smith
Secretary report: Approved
Treasurer report: Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Matt Smith- Archery Chairman - Elected to the Board
o Charles Spresser- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman - Elected to the Board
o Tom Cockrell - Skeet Chairman
o Ed Lane- Pistol Chairman
o Terry Bredwell- Rifle Chairman
o Todd Lawrence – Lake Chairman
• Beginning 3rd Saturday of April we will have a meeting at 9am followed by a workday.
• The muzzle loader shoot on March 17 was a tremendous turn out. Thanks to all involved.
The third Saturday in October will be another muzzle loader shoot. Pass the word. $30 per shooter with lunch.
• The question came up on how to get the new skeet key if you haven't already. Russell said to contact him
and a time would be set up to get a key.
• We had 7 new applicants that were approved by the board to be members.
• Remember that to keep in mind that all requirements need to be met to not pay more than the regular membership dues. Requirement is 2 meetings and 1 workday or a combination of the two. Membership is due October 1 and good through the following year.
• John Mankin said he reviewed the qualifications for Seniors 65 with 10 yr membership. Qualified Seniors do not have to do work days.
• Bill Clontz volunteered to help coordinate work days.
• Harvey Tallman explained the recommendation he had for berm and provided blue prints. This topic is still under
discussion. To better provide an accurate estimate Mr. Tallman and the committee members will be getting
measurements of the proposed remediation area.
• Todd Lawrence submitted estimates for Fish stocking. The fish trucks begin in April. Estimated $500 - $800 to stock pond with various fish.
• Mr. Edward Williamson II offered to donate 2 picnic tables but Club counter offered and said Club would purchase
them if he would select them and get them to the club. Thank you Mr. Williamson for your generous offer to purchase and get to the club.
• Security options are still being discussed. Will continue with this discussion until a resolution is reached.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.