| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
September 18, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Russell Smith
Pledge was led by Russell Smith
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report: Approved
Treasurer report: Absent
Club Renewals start October 1 each year. Dues are due paid by Dec 31. Dues cannot be paid at Club Banquet. 3
meetings are required for those not able. 2 meeting are required and a work day for all other members. Contact your work
committee chairman for scheduled work. You can send a stamped envelope, during dues period, if you want your card
mailed to you.
If you do not meet your requirements by end of year you can pay the extra $100.00 penalty to rejoin the Club.
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Matt Smith- Archery Chairman
o Charles Spresser- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Don Snow - Skeet Chairman
o Ed Lane- Pistol Chairman
o Alan Caraway- Rifle Chairman
o Todd Lawrence – Lake Chairman
• The Club will be having Rim Fire shoot 1st Saturday of every month from 0800 till finish on the 50 yard rifle range. Cost is $10.00 per person with 2 classes: Open sights and scope. Contact is Alan Derrick (423-507-7710) for more information.
• If you haven’t done so club members will still have 3 months to get their attendance and work days in.
· • Club renewal forms can be printed from the Chilhowee website or obtained from Russell at a meeting. No renewal forms will be accepted before October 1.
• October 21, 2017 the club will be having a muzzle loader shoot from 8am to 5pm (or when finished). Cost is $30 per shooter and lunch will be provided. For more information or details please contact Barry Brakebill or Alan Caraway.
• The club approved the pond survey to be done by licensed individuals. The cost will be $1500 plus 5 year membership for the 2 individuals doing the survey. This will save us from having to pay the State $500 every year (and they increase rates periodically) which will be a significant cost savings in the future.
• Others tasks approved by the club were as follows:
o 25 yard shed at Rifle Range. Estimate $900
o Center Skeet house to be repaired. Estimate $750
o 5 Stand Skeet Shooting house built and purchase of 3 skeet machines. Estimate $6600
ALL THE ESTIMATES ARE IN GOOD FAITH AND IN THE EVENT A CHANGE OCCURS IT WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE BOARD AND/OR CLUB FOR COMMENT AND APPROVAL.
• NOTE: If anybody has any suggestions or improvement ideas for the club please let Russell know or place in suggestion box.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.