| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club |
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
July 15, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Russell Smith
Pledge was led by Russell Smith
Prayer offered by Alan Caraway
Secretary report: Approved
Treasurer report: Absent
Club Renewals start October 1 each year. Dues are due paid by Dec 31. Dues cannot be paid at Club Banquet. 3
meetings are required for those not able. 2 meeting are required and a work day for all other members. Contact your work
committee chairman for scheduled work. You can send a stamped envelope, during dues period, if you want your card
mailed to you.
If you do not meet your requirements by end of year you can pay the extra $100.00 penalty to rejoin the Club.
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Matt Smith- Archery Chairman
o Charles Spresser- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Don Snow - Skeet Chairman
o Ed Lane- Pistol Chairman
o Alan Caraway- Rifle Chairman
o Todd Lawrence – Lake Chairman
• The Club will be having Rim Fire shoot 1st Saturday of every month from 0800 till finish on the 50 yard rifle range. Cost is $10.00 per person with 2 classes: Open sights and scope. Contact is Alan Derrick (423-507-7710) for more information.
• Continued discussion about Pond. No changes in discussion. Estimated 5 acres after informal survey. Still looking for more surveyor options. Even when get approval to be exempt from the State inspection will need to continue to inspect the pond regularly. This will be discussed in future meetings.
· • This was our last monthly meeting scheduled Saturday work day. Please make sure you have your time marked down and approved if you participated in the work days. We had a good turnout and all the help is appreciated.
• Next Month, August, will begin meeting on the third Monday night at 7pm for the monthly meetings.
• September 8 there will be another NSSA shoot beginning at 9am. The cost is 26 per 100 shot. Please contact Tom Cockrell for additional information.
• October 21 we will be having another muzzle loader shoot. The cost including lunch is $30. Please contact John Mankin for additional information.
• The NRA banquet is July 29, 2017 at Regional Park at the conference center at 5:30pm. Contact Tom Cockrell for ticket information.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.