| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
April 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
March 18, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved -Balance Checking $25,083.10; Savings $12,007.98
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o TBD - Archery Chairman
o TBD - Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o TBD - Skeet Chairman
o TBD- Pistol Chairman
o TBD- Rifle Chairman
o TBD – Lake Chairman
NOTE: THE RIGHT 4 LANES ON THE FRONT PISTOL RANGE ARE CLOSED AND THE RE-OPEN DATE IS UNDETERMINED.
- Barry discussed the Chilhowee Club loss of its Non-Profit status with IRS. The IRS has declined our re-issuance due to it exceeding 3 years.
Club will have to submit a new non-profit filing. Club approved by vote to file a new non-profit claim with the IRS and maintain the current name of the club.
New members were approved by vote: Mike Petersen, Chris Schreck, Mitchell Bates, Reginald Ingram, Richard Thigpen, and Tod Marner.New members were approved by vote: Mike Petersen, Chris Schreck, Mitchell Bates, Reginald Ingram, Richard Thigpen, and Tod Marner.
- Special thanks to members that supported the Boy Scouts shoot on March 16, 2019. Was a good turnout and kids had lots of fun.
- Club membership approved by vote Senior Membership for William Corsaglia
- Rifle range had someone shooting the wind flags. This inappropriate behavior puts people's lives and our club in jeopardy. If you see something inappropriate or not safe report it to club officers. Obtain the individual (s) name and or license plate.
- May 18, 2019 and September 28, 2019 will have a muzzle loader shoot. See John Mankin or Berry Brakebill for details.
- Handgun class at club on April 20 from 0830 – 1700. The class will use club house and pistol range. Cost is $55.00.
Contact Randall Bates at 423-368-2172 for more information.
·Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property, we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property. Folks, This is really important!
- The club is evaluating getting a new rifle sport opportunity and more information is to follow as we gather the details.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:email@example.com
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.