| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
January 2020 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
March 16, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved
Your committee chairmen will be appointed by New Club President in accordance with Club Bylaws:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
o Jennifer Brooks- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Jason Qualls and Bill Cowles- Rifle Chairmen
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
Membership approved no meetings in April 2020 due to COVID-19. This may extent into May also. Members will be given a membership meeting credit for each month we do not have a membership meeting. This includes Directors meeting too. Stay Safe and Healthy!
• Membership and Board approved a change to Club Bylaws that allow for 3 meetings or any combination of meetings and works days (3 of anything) to met club attendance requirements. Whiting Delk will revise Bylaws.
• Membership and Board approved a change to Club Bylaws to allow Director Meetings to be held 30-40 minutes before membership meeting on a case by case basis. Whiting Delk to revise club bylaws.
• Members and Board approved following new members: Benjamin Ammons, Jennifer Brooks, Scott Brackett, Scott VanBuren, William Anderson, and R.N. Wheelet.
• AT&T approved use of portable phone vs. land line phone which can save club funds. Thanks to Tom Cockrell.
• Membership approved moving saving account to a CD for increased interest – Tom Hughes to complete
• Membership and Board discussed Hand Gun safety classes not meeting verbal agreements. Club President to address with instructor.
• Darijan Mustar will coordinate a meeting with interested club members and US Law Shield insurance for carry permit holders sometime in June. Please contact Mr. Mustar for additional information.
• Potential 5 Stand Shoot in April 25 – See Tom Cockrell for information.
Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.