| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
January 2020 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
December 16, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Barry Brakebill
Pledge was led by Barry Brakebill
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved
Your committee chairmen will be appointed by New Club President in accordance with Club Bylaws:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
o John Ivens- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar- Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
October to December 31 – Membership Renewal time – Please send correct dues per Club Bylaws
If you want new card sent to you in 2020 must submit a stamped self addressed envelope.
• Club Banquet will be January 20, 2020 at Western Sizzlin. This is Dutch treat. Food starts 1800 and club meeting at 1900.
• Whiting Delk is Banquet door prize Chairman.
• Membership approved $400.00 funding to relocate the archery shed.
• Members approved new members: Ryan Johnson and Jerry Quirk
• Board accepted donated 5 stand machines and the accompanying insurance funds.
• Club will need 2020 schedules for APD (Rob Davis), any Skeet Shooters (Tom Cockrell), Mountain Men (George Inwood), and Boy Scouts (Jack Isbill) - all in progress.
• Update on Club Budget for 2020 and any long range projects – Board discussed need for skeet and trap housing replacement and where funding would come from. Board agreed to develop Club Budget for 2020 and include future projects. Leader will be Tom Hughes working with Club Treasurer and Committee Chairman. This new budget will be reviewed with Board and the Membership.
• Membership approved Frankie Richeson as a Senior Member.
• Membership approved work waivers for Frankie Richeson and Tony Campbell.
• Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
• Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.