| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
October 2019 Newsletter
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
October 16, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Rob Davis
Pledge was led by Rob Davis
Prayer offered by Tom Hughes
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Jack Isbel- Archery Chairman
o John Ivens- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Tom Cockrell- Skeet Chairman
o Derek Donovan- Pistol Chairman
o Darijan Mustar- Rifle Chairman
o Ed Lane- Lake Chairman
October to December 31 – Membership Renewal time – Please send correct dues per Club Bylaws
If you want new card sent to you in 2020 must submit a stamped self addressed envelope.
• IRS sent letter stating they had received our request and will need a signed letter from Club President stating how Chilhowee will not make this mistake again. This letter to include process or procedures to prevent another occurrence. The letter must be submitted within 30 days.
• Board and Membership approved a third 5 Stand Shoot for October 19 from 0800 – 1300. See Tom Cockrell for details.
• 4 Members were interested in having a Certified Hand Gun Instructor class. They were given John Mankin’s contact information
• Wild Turkey Calendar for 2020 and Organization support – See Tom Hughes for details
• Board and Rifle Committee to look into a portable rest room or a standing structure
- Club gate should be closed by members upon entry and exit. Club gate may be left open for planned activities that have been approved by Club Officials and Directors. Should someone be hurt on our property we will need to prove due diligence with access to the property.
Friendly Reminder - Shotguns are normally not allowed on Rifle Range or Pistol Ranges except as approved in bylaws or with special club permission. Additionally, members should not shoot at cans, bottles, concrete blocks etc.
- Read club range rules and display your membership cards while shooting at the range.
REMEMBER: Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious behavior.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:email@example.com
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.