| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
June 20, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Russell Smith
Pledge was led by Russell Smith
Prayer offered by Alan Caraway
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Absent
Club Renewals start October 1 each year. Dues are due paid by Dec 31. Dues cannot be paid at Club Banquet. Three meetings are required for those not able. Two meetings are required and a work day for all other members. Contact your work committee chairman for scheduled work. You can send a stamped envelope, during dues period, if you want your card mailed to you.
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Matt Smith- Archery Chairman
o Charles Spresser- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman
o Don Snow - Skeet Chairman
o Ed Lane- Pistol Chairman
o Alan Caraway- Rifle Chairman
o Todd Lawrence – Lake Chairman
If you do not meet your requirements by end of year you can pay the extra $100.00 penalty to rejoin the Club.
• Meeting Adjourned
- The Club will be having Rim Fire shoot 1st Saturday of every month from 0800 till finish on the 50 yard rifle range. Cost is $10.00 per person with 2 classes: Open sights and scope. Contact is Alan Derrick (423-507-7710) for more information.
- Continued discussion about Pond. No changes in discussion. Estimated 5 acres after informal survey. Still looking for more surveyor options. Even when get approval to be exempt from the State inspection will need to continue to inspect the pond regularly. This will be discussed in future meetings.
- The BY LAWS were reviewed again with club meeting attendees. BY LAW changes approved. Need 3 consecutive meeting discussions and approved votes. April 15 – first vote - approved.
- By-law changes. Will start over with the voting process next monthly meeting.
- George provided information about the mountain man program. This program will begin the afternoon of Friday June 9 and occur each Friday until July 7 (June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30, July 7). A total of 5 Fridays. A range safety officer (RSO) will be onsite with the mountain man program. This was approved by the club. NOTE: for previously scheduled events at the club on Friday afternoons this mountain man session will not interrupt those scheduled events.
- The July 6 board meeting will continue discussion on the by-laws proposed changes. If you would like to input your opinion, comment or pose an issue please plan to attend this board meeting at 7pm.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:email@example.com
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.