| Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club
Gunshow information see www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.shtml
Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club Members Meeting
February 19, 2017
Meeting was called to order by Russell Smith
Pledge was led by Russell Smith
Prayer offered by Barry Brakebill
Secretary report Approved
Treasurer report Approved
Your committee chairmen are as follows:
o Matt Smith- Archery Chairman - Elected to the Board
o Charles Spresser- Clubhouse and grounds Chairman- Elected to the Board
o Tom Cockrell - Skeet Chairman
o Ed Lane- Pistol Chairman
o Alan Caraway- Rifle Chairman
o Todd Lawrence – Lake Chairman
NOTE: Please do not tear up the grass on the rifle range. Please park and walk.
- Lake Survey will be completed after the depth measurement is taken. This will eliminate the club having to pay the State fee(s). Additionally, Membership approved selling old Skeet machines to purchase a new one.
- There will be a fun shoot at the club on February 24 beginning noon to 4pm. If have questions or concerns please contact Dylan Prince at cell: 865-755-8272
- Muzzle loader shoot on Saturday March 17. The cost is 30 per shooter which includes lunch. March 16 is set as a practice day. For complete details please call Barry Brakebill or John Mankin.
- Beginning in Spring will have Saturday meeting every third Saturday in the months of April, May, June, and July. Will be in the morning at 9am at the club followed by a work session. Meeting dates for Spring: April 21, May 19, June 16, and July 21
(NOTE: work sessions can be done at any time. Need to obtain approval from the committee member chairman for the area you want to work so he can verify and approve. This will get you credited for work sessions).
- The board approved the reservation for the 100 yd Range for a wedding event on March 14, 2018 from 1 to 4 pm.
- Ed Lane is the new project coordinator. His duties consist of discussion proposed projects with the club, oversight of these projects until completion while providing updates to the officers of the club. For project recommendations please talk with the chairman assigned to that task who will include Mr. Lane.
- All projects that were approved in the past years, months, weeks were voted out by membership. This way the club can start anew with projects and the coordinator will oversee initiation and completion.All projects that were approved in the past years, months, weeks were voted out by membership. This way the club can
start anew with projects and the coordinator will oversee initiation and completion.
- We have a new picture hanging where our stolen TV used to hang. Noel Mahoney was the person we purchased the property from many years ago. His Daughter took this picture and was nice enough to give to the club as a tribute to her father.
- Legal signs for the rifle range was approved by members and will be purchased at $45 a sign.
- Harvey Tallman offered to draw up some blue prints for the rifle range proposed project work and bring them to the next meeting.
Please send newsletter information to Walt Smith at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you prefer the email form of this newsletter. It would help save the club mailing costs and you will receive the information sooner.